The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) invites applications from Indian biomedical scientists for the international fellowships for the year 2009-10.
Number of fellowships: Young scientists-12; Senior scientists-6
Duration: 3-6 months for young scientists and 10-15 days for senior scientists
· M.D/PhD degree with at least three years teaching/research experience for young scientists and at least fifteen years teaching/research experience for senior scientists.
· Regular position in a recognized biomedical/research/health institution in India .
· Below 45 years of age for young and 55 years for senior scientists.
US $ 2400 per month, contingency grant of Rs.15,000/- and return economy class air ticket (excursion airfare) for young scientists. US $ 160 per day (including US$ 75 as per diem and rest for accommodation expenses) and return economy class air ticket (excursion airfare) for senior scientists.
Note:- The applicant should submit a letter of acceptance from the foreign Institute where he/ she proposes to work along with a concrete plan of training / research work to be undertaken during the fellowship.
– Recommendation by the Head of the parent organization / institute is essential.
– Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
– Decision of ICMR will be final.
– If selected, the fellowship is to be availed before 31st March, 2010.
Ten copies of the application should be submitted to: International Health Division, Indian Council of Medical Research, V. Ramalingaswami Bhawan, Post Box No.4911, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110029.
Last date of receipt of applications: 15th July, 2009