As assured by Government, for implementing modified ACP scheme after elections, the order for modified ACP Scheme in line with Sixth Pay Commission Recommendations has finally been issued by Government.
Features of MACPS (Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme) :
- There shall be three financial upgradations under MACPS counted from the direct entry grade on completion of 10, 20 and 30 years.
- Financial upgradation under the scheme will be admissible whenever a person has spent 10 years continuously in the same grade pay.
- The grade pay at the time of financial upgradation under MACPS can in certain cases where regular promotion is not between two successive grades, be different than what is available at the time of regular promotion. In such cases the higher grade pay attached to next promotion post in the hierarchy of the concerned cadre/organization will be given only at the time of regular promotion.
- The financial upgradation under the MACPS would be admissible up to the highest grade pay of 12,000 in PB-4.
- The pay shall be raised by 3% of the total pay in the pay band and the grade pay drawn before such upgradation. There shall be no further fixation at the time of regular promotion if it is the same grade pay as granted under MACPS.
Detailed analysis of this Modified ACP scheme would follow in the coming days. Keep watching GConnect and GConnect Discussion Board for more details
Download the Office Memorandum No: 35034/3/2008-Estt (D) dated 19.05.09 issued by DOPT for implementing MACPS.