OECD Science, Technology and Industry Outlook 2008. Paris: OECD, 2008.
Global patterns of science, technology and innovation are quickly changing. What are the implications for science and innovation policy? What steps are countries taking to boost their capabilities in science, technology and innovation? What is the contribution of science and innovation to growth and social goals?
The OECD Science, Technology and Industry Outlook 2008 reviews key trends in science, technology and innovation in OECD countries and a number of major non-member economies including Brazil, Chile, China, Israel, Russia and South Africa.
Using the latest available data and indicators, the book examines topics high on the agenda of science and innovation policy makers, including science and innovation performance; trends in national science, technology and innovation policies; and practices to assess the socio-economic impacts of public research.
New to this edition are individual profiles of the science and innovation performance of each country in relation to its national context and current policy challenges. The graphs enable countries to see some of their relative strengths and weaknesses as compared to other countries’ performance.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Chapter 1. Global Dynamics in Science, Technology and Innovation
- Chapter 2. Main Trends in Science, Technology and Innovation Policy
- Chapter 3. Science and Innovation: Country Notes
- Chapter 4. Assessing the Socio-Economic Impacts of Public R&D: Recent Practices and Perspectives
- Chapter 5. Innovation in Firms: Findings from a Comparative Analysis of Innovation Survey Microdata
Download Full-text PDF