The Infections Specialist Library (ISL) provides convenient and comprehensive access to the highest quality evidence on the investigation, prevention, treatment and control of infectious diseases from a clinical perspective. This is intended to keep health professionals up to date with the burgeoning amount of infectious disease evidence that is emerging daily.
What does the library provide?
Resources in the library include:
- Reviews and Systematic reviews (e.g. Cochrane Library, CKS, DARE)
- National guidelines (e.g. NICE, DH, SIGN)
- International guidelines (if no suitable UK guidelines exist, e.g. WHO, CDC)
- Examples of best practice (e.g. HPA)
- Standard Operating Protocols (e.g. HPA)
- Government health policies and standards (e.g. HPA, DH)
- News and events
Find out more at http://www.library.nhs.uk/infections